Beginning this Friday, Berkshire Grown will present Farmed + Foraged: A Weekend of Spring Flavors, a culinary celebration of farmed and foraged seasonal foods at area restaurants from May 20 -22. Slow Food of Western Massachusetts is a proud sponsor of Farmed + Foraged and would like to invite all Slow Food members to come out and support Berkshire Grown member restaurants and eateries that are part of the Berkshires’ local food movement.
Farmed + Foraged will feature 25 restaurants, food purveyors and cooking schools that have made a commitment to sustainably source wild and local edibles from area forests, fields and farms at the start of the growing season. Participants will offer an array of prix fixe menus and a la carte selections.
The dates, prices and menus for Farmed + Foraged vary. For example, some restaurants will be celebrating only on Saturday night. Please contact participating restaurants directly for accurate information regarding Farmed + Foraged menu options and pricing.
In support of Berkshire Grown, Baba Louie’s, Berkshire Co-op, Guido’s Fresh Marketplace, Mezze Restaurant Group, The Red Lion Inn, Route 7 Grill and Slow Food of Western Massachusetts are sponsoring Farmed + Foraged. Visit the Farmed + Foraged website for menus and other details.
- Allium Restaurant + Bar, Great Barrington – 413.528.2118 *
- Baba Louie’s, Great Barrington – 413.528.8100 *
- Baba Louie’s, Pittsfield – 413.499.2400 *
- Berkshire Co-op Market, Great Barrington – 413.528.9697 *
- Cafe ADAM, Great Barrington – 413.528.7786
- Cafe Lucia, Lenox – 413.637.2640
- Chez Nous, Lee – 413.243.6397
- Dreamaway Lodge, Becket – 413.623.8725
- Firefly, Lenox – 413.637.2700
- Gramercy Bistro@ MASS MoCA, North Adams – 413.663.5300
- Guido’s Fresh Marketplace, Pittsfield – 413.442.9912 *
- Guido’s Fresh Marketplace, Great Barrington – 413.528.9255 *
- Haven Café & Bakery, Lenox – 413.637.8948
- The Inn at Sweet Water Farm, North Egremont – 413.528.2882
- John Andrews: A Farmhouse Restaurant, South Egremont – 413.528.3469
- La Terrazza Restaurant at Gateways Inn, Lenox – 413.637.2532
- Mezze Bistro + Bar, Williamstown – 413.458.0123 *
- Mission Bar & Tapas, Pittsfield – no phone
- Nudel, Lenox – 413.551.7183
- The Old Inn on the Green, New Marlboro – 413.229.7924 ext 0
- Perigee, Lee – 413.394.4047
- Pronto Cooking School, Lenox – 413.637.3949
- The Red Lion Inn, Stockbridge – 413.298.5545 *
- Route 7 Grill, Great Barrington – 413.528.5838 *
- The Stagecoach Tavern, Sheffield – 413.229.8585
- Wild Oats Market, Williamstown – 413.458.8060
- The Williams Inn, Williamstown – 413.458.9371
The event will be further enhanced by Where the Wild Things Are – expert-led foraging walks in the Berkshires produced by Berkshire Farm & Table and sponsored by the Williams College Sustainable Food and Agriculture Program. The last two foraging walks take place this coming Saturday afternoon. For reservations and pricing info, call Mezze Bistro + Bar at 413.458.0123 or send email to email@example.com.